Thursday, June 9, 2011

Customers Suck Part Three

Example #3
Customer's have no concept of fine print.
Me: "I am sorry, but the movie has sold to your account."
C (for Customer): "Why? I thought there were no more late fees."
Me: "Well, there aren't technically."
C: "Huh?"
Me: "When you signed up for your account and signed the agreement, you were suppose to read the part about the late fees."
C: "The non-existent late fees?"
Me: "I can take the charge for one movie off this time, but let me explain again on how the 'No, Late fees' policy works." (I said again, because this isn't the first time I had to explain it this person.)
C: "Okay."
Me: "When you pay for your rental if it is a two day rental it is due on the third day. If it is a Week rental it is due by the eighth day. You have window of one week to return it without late fees. That is the tenth day for two day rentals or the 15th day for one week rentals. Am I explaining this clearly?"
C: "Yes, keep going."
Me: "All right. After the week's grace period, the movie will then sell to your account. The price it sells for is it's current lowest retail price minus the renting fee. After the rental has sold to your account you then have a 30 day window from date of sale to return the movie. If you return the rental before the 30 days the only thing you have to pay is $1.32 restocking fee. Are you following me?"
C: "Yea, anything else?"
Me: "Yes, if you don't make the 30 day window then that is when it sales to your account. I can show you on your membership where you signed your agreement with the policy."
C: "All right show me."
Me: "Let me grab it from the printer. (I go and get it.) See here, is this your signature?"
C: "Yes, why?"
Me: "Down here by the fine print you signed it agreeing to the policy regarding the 'No, Late Fees' as well as you signed the box stating that you got a packet on the policy. Did you get the packet?"
C: "Yes, I did, but I threw it away. I didn't know I had to read it."
Me: "You aren't required to read it, but it is recommend that you do so we can avoid any policy problems."
C: "My problem is that there are no late fees and I have a huge late fee. I returned the movies and they're only a little over a month late. Now, I have a huge late fee. I thought there were no late fess?"
Me: " I realize that, but once the 30 day window is up there isn't much we can do. I said I can remove the sale this one time for the movie. (Notice I said MOVIE) I can only remove the charge for 1 of them, but I will remove the most expensive.
C: "But, that is a removing a late fee."
Me: (Handing him a packet.) "Please read this while I get my manager."
C: "Does your manager have late fees?"
Me: "I will be right back."
My manager comes over and goes through everything I go through, just to have him come back the next day and it all started again.

Published By Stephanie

No comments: