Thursday, June 9, 2011

Customers Suck Part One

Example #1
Nobody at work likes to answer the phone and because I am the newest member of the team I get stuck doing it. Usually they just want to know if we have a movie in or where we are located. No big deal. But, at least once a day I get the stupid guy. Case in point...
You know the seen in Empire Records where Mark answers the phone "Empire Records open to Midnight. Midnight," then hangs up? Well this is how it went down for me...
Me: "Blockbuster Wayne, This is Stephi can I help you?"
Them: "Where did I call?"
Me: "Blockbuster."
Them: "Are You sure?"
Me: "Yes, I am sure. Can I help you?"
Them: "Well, maybe I was wondering what the name of the pet store in your strip is called. And, I thought I dialed their number."
Me: " No you called Blockbuster and it is called Goody's Pet Supply."
Them: "Are you sure."
Me: "Yes, I am sure. Is that all?"
Them: "Where did I call again."
Me: "Domino's."
I swear I will never answer that phone again so help me. I love to talk on the phone. I know you might say they were joking around. No, they were so serious that they called back a few minutes later and asked to speak to the manager at Goody's because the nice Blockbuster people told them the name of their store.

Posted by Stephanie

No comments: